Thursday, September 03, 2009

Translation as a Service: Microsoft; Bing Translator vs. Google Translator

I just come across Bing Translator from Microsoft; I have been working on a multilingual web portal, so I have been using Google Translate quite extensively. I have also placed a code snippet in my previous post that can help anyone to translate variable names, web service response and error messages at run time from Google supported languages to English.

Today for the first time I come across Bing Translator and the first impression to this service I awesome, I really liked its auto detect feature, I tried it and amazingly it worked fine, WOW, so as predicted Bing is going to give hard time to Google. Competition always helps companies to grow and at the same time provide better services to the end users.

An early look at the Bing Translator shows that it provide a lot more features as compared to Google Translator.


It has tools for end users, providing lot of good quality services like you can add an MSN blog for translation, that's really cool.


It also provides cool tools for the web master and last but not the least, tools for Developers J to build cool multilingual applications using any of the available options, good things is that it has support for JavaScript through AJAX Interface API. I look forward to lot of cool applications written on top of it.

I believe there is a huge potential in this regard building translation as a service, and I think Microsoft is right on track this time!


3 comments:

johnn Russell said...

Yes Basit, even Bing Translator is performing better.

Website translation services said...

Hmm.. I think I need to try that two translator before I can give a feedback. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

-seff-

german website translation said...

Great Services,This is the best blog and a quality source to get updated by some of the greatest facts,thanks
german website translation